There are thousands of tactics and strategies for building an audience on YouTube, but if you look at any channel with a monster following, they will always have three traits: quality, consistency, and personality.
YOU MUST DELIVER QUALITY CONTENT
- HD video quality with good lighting and good color.
- Clear audio.
- Relevant and engaging title and thumbnail.
- Description and keywords that target what your audience is searching for.
YOU MUST DELIVER CONSISTENT CONTENT
- Upload at least once a week, multiple times a week preferred.
- Don’t upload a million videos at once.
- Upload at a consistent time.
YOU MUST HAVE A PERSONALITY
- Talk to the camera like it’s your friend.
- Be comfortable being yourself.
- Let your personality out.
- Interact with your fans
You can do OK by having a mix of any two of these laws. Heck, quality alone can earn you millions of views, but NOT a following of millions dying to see your next video.
Competing for attention in a crowded category is tough, but we all know that quality content wins in the long run. I’ve just gotten started with my channel, and I can’t wait to see where it goes.